Agriculture has always played a vital role in Korea not only in conserving the environment, but also in preserving our cultural heritage. It is a core industry that lays thefoundation for BT (BioTechnology) and ET (Environment Technology) for the 21st century.
NAAS has several goals: to strengthen competitive spirit, to maintain a clean environment, to promote and develop safe agricultural products, to build a strong sense of tradition and to endorse and promote certain traditional and cultural practices in affluent rural communities. Approximately four hundreds of our researchers at NAAS are striving hard day and night toward achieving these goals.
We perform extensive studies in various fields such as conservation and management of agricultural environment and soil & water resources, plant nutrition and soil microbe, vermin management and the safety of agricultural products, preservation of agricultural ecosystem and culture, etc. During the course of our consumers who value our agricultural products.
Finally, we hope that our homepage contains sufficient information in the areas of agricultural science technology such as agricultural environment, biological resources, the safety of agricultural products, and rural society and resources.
- Development of agricultural science harmonized with human being and environment
● Goal of Research Priorities
- Practical use of integrated technology package through onsite settlement of environment-friendly
- Secure consumer confidence through development of technology that would ensure the safety of
- Reduce environmental pollution through development of low-input high-efficiency production
- Vitalize the rural sector in preparation for liberalization through application of technology that would
link rural resources into income
- Development of T10T strategic project anticipation for its extended diffusion to take effect
(Environmentally-friendly high-value-added amenity)
Function │ Development of fundamental technology as a basis for advanced agricultural science
Role │ Motive power for enhancing competitiveness in the agriculture
Aspect │ Mecca of world-wide agricultural research